In the latest in our new series of Yummy Sundays, here’s Mike Mayes, VP Media and Communications at De Montfort Students’ Union (DSU) and his take on a Thai favourite!
Mike’s Thai Green Curry
Costs: £4.00 (£2.00 Per Portion)
- One White Onion (Diced)
- Three Cloves of Garlic (Diced)
- Mangetout Peas
- Two or Three Breast Fillets of Chicken (Diced)
- Thai Green Curry Paste (Half a Jar)
- Coconut Milk (To Taste)
- Stock Cube
- Two Servings of Rice
- Vegetable Oil
- Add the rice and a full mug of cold water to a pan, add a stock cube and give one quick stir. Once water is boiling, turn down heat and put the pan lid on until all the water is gone.
- Fry onion, chicken and garlic until cooked through (10 minutes). Add half a jar of the curry paste and allow to simmer (one to two minutes).
- Add coconut milk to desired taste and allow to reduce (five to 10 minutes).
- In the last couple of minutes add the mangetout, stir through and allow to simmer (two minutes).
- Serve with rice.
We know it can be hard to balance a student budget with eating well. And that’s before you think about the tonne of deadlines you’ve got coming up!
That’s why we’ve launching our Yummy Sundays series of videos to provide cheap and easy recipe ideas for students at DMU, featuring some of the favourite dishes from members of our Officer Team and beyond.
The Yummy Sundays campaign has been masterminded by Mollie Footitt, DP Education at DSU.