Your De Montfort Students’ Union (DSU) Deputy President Education this year is Augustus Mbanasor.
It’s his job to make sure that all students are 'beyond satisfied' with their education throughout their time at De Montfort University (DMU).
He also looks after course reps and SRCs (School Rep Coordinators), leading on educational campaigns and helping to enhance the student experience. Most students will be here at DMU for three years and some for even longer – so let us make this time at DMU a time to remember!
Most full-time officers have graduated from DMU, but Augustus has just finished his second year studying Accounting and Finance. He's taking a sabbatical year to represent you because he genuinely cares about your student experience.
Augustus hopes to work with DSU alongside the University of Leicester Students' Union to address the Government's Higher Education Bill and the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) which will enable universities to increase tuition fees in line with inflation from 2017/18.
In Augustus' manifesto he promised to work on these key areas:
- Improving the quality and consistency of assessment feedback
- Reviewing and reducing (hidden) course costs
- Ensuring that learning and teaching resources are accessible, including earlier timetables
- Continued development of student representation
- Boosting employability of our students and improving enhancement week
You can get in touch with Augustus on Twitter @DSU_Edu, on email at email@example.com or by calling 0116 366 4855.