Listening to you
DSU welcomes feedback from all of our members and recognises the right of all students to raise issues of concern about the services and support provided by the union, which may affect the quality of the student experience.
If you are not satisfied with the level of service or support provided to you, this is how to bring it to our attention;
- in the first instance any problems or complaints should be referred directly to the member of staff or Executive Officer dealing with the issue, so that where possible the problem can be resolved immediately and informally;
- if a student remains unhappy with the outcome of their complaint they should write to the Chief Executive Officer (via firstname.lastname@example.org) outlining the details of their concerns along with their desired outcome and any available evidence which may assist with the investigation of their complaint;
- if a student remains dissatisfied with the outcome of their complaint, they may escalate the matter to the Head of the Academic Support Office at the university.
The aim of DSU’s Complaints Procedure is to;
- encourage local resolution in as many cases as possible;
- be simple, open and accessible;
- be honest and accountable;
- be non-adversarial;
- be fair to all parties involved and avoid allocating unnecessary blame to individuals;
- lead to prompt resolution;
- and lead to service improvement.
For further information, please read our Complaints Procedure. If you need any additional guidance please contact email@example.com in the first instance.