In the first of our new series of Yummy Sundays, here’s Mollie Footitt, DP Education at De Montfort Students’ Union (DSU) and her ‘go to dinner’ – her one pot vegan pasta…
Mollie’s One Pot Vegan Pasta
Costs: £2.50 (63p Per Portion)
- One Medium Courgette (Diced)
- One Aubergine (Diced)
- One Red Pepper (Diced)
- One White Onion (Diced)
- One 400g Tin of Chopped Tomatoes
- Three Servings of Spaghetti
- Three Cloves of Garlic (Minced)
- Two Tablespoons of Chopped Italian Herbs
- 800 ml (fill your tomato tin up twice) Boiled Water
- One Tablespoon of Oil
- Salt and Pepper (To Taste)
- Heat the olive oil in a pan.
- Add the onions, garlic, courgette, aubergine and peppers (10 minutes). Cook for a few minutes on a high heat until lightly browned (two minutes).
- Add the chopped tomatoes, herbs and water. Bring to a boil (two minutes).
- Add spaghetti, bring to the boil again and simmer for 10 minutes until the pasta is cooked and the sauce has thickened.
- Serve and enjoy there and then, or leave to cool and eat it cold. (Or heat it up in our Heat and Eat stations in the Campus Centre…)
We know it can be hard to balance a student budget with eating well. And that’s before you think about the tonne of deadlines you’ve got coming up!
That’s why we’ve launching our Yummy Sundays series of videos to provide cheap and easy recipe ideas for students at DMU, featuring some of the favourite dishes from members of our Officer Team and beyond.
The Yummy Sundays campaign has been masterminded by Mollie Footitt, DP Education at DSU.