The time has come to choose the De Montfort University (DMU) students to #PowerYourUnion at De Montfort Students’ Union (DSU) next year.
There’s the chance to vote for the five full-time student leaders who represent your academic interests and make DMU the best it can be for everyone, as well as our six part-time liberation representatives.
You can also choose your Course Rep, and the next committee of your sports club or society.
Vote now at demontfortsu.com/vote before 7pm on Thursday 15 March.
Voting to #PowerYourUnion closes this Thursday 15 March at 7pm.
The five full-time sabbatical Officer Team positions, as laid out in the by-laws of the students’ union, are being elected;
- Deputy President Education;
- Vice President Media and Communications;
- Vice President Student Activities;
- and Vice President Welfare and Community.
Additionally, the part-time representative positions are being elected.
- Black, Asian, and Minority Ethnic (BAME) Representative;
- Disabled Students’ Representative;
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Queer Plus (LGBTQ+) Representative;
- Mature Students' Representative;
- International Students’ Representative;
- and Women’s Representative.
There will also be the chance to select your next;
- Course Rep;
- and the committee positions of student groups affiliated with DSU.
Always wondered how Single Transferable Vote (STV) *actually* works?
Here, we explain exactly how STV works in practice as part of the #PowerYourUnion Elections.
And after all that, don’t forget to come along to our #PowerYourUnion Elections Results Night at 6pm this Friday 16 March in the Campus Centre, where we’ll be announcing all of the DMU students you’ve chosen to lead your students’ union in 2018/19.