As part of the UNI2KNOW Campaign, De Montfort Students' Union (DSU) wants to make sure all DMU students know building opening times and the support on offer. As well as our DSU Advice team there is the Student Advice Centres on campus and ClaSS.
Each faculty at De Montfort University (DMU) has it's own Student Advice Centres to support and advise students with all learning support enquires.
Services that SACs provide to students include:
- Coursework hand-in and collection
- Password reset for DMU IT systems
- Supply of forms for change of programme/module changes, change of address etc.
- Contact details for lecturers
- Locker rental
- Information leaflets on all Student Services and University regulations and procedures
- General enquiries and signposting to other departments
- Exam and coursework deferral forms and advice
- Provision of one-to-one appointments with a member of staff should your problem be of a private or confidential nature
Arts, Design and Humanities
Clephan Building and Vijay Patel Building
T: +44 (0) 116 257 7394
Opening times: Monday – Thursday: 9:00-16:30; Friday: 9:00-16:00
Business and Law
0.37 Hugh Aston Building
T: +44 (0) 116 257 7243
Opening times: During Term: 8:50-16:45; During Vacation: 9:00-16:45
Health and Life Sciences
00.06 Edith Murphy House
T: +44 (0) 116 257 7749
Opening times: Monday – Thursday: 8:30-16:30; Friday: 8:30-16:00
0.4A Gateway House
T: +44 (0) 116 207 8499/97
Opening times: (during term time only) Monday - Thursday: 9:00-16:00; Friday: 9:00-16:30
Handing in of coursework: 9:00- 16:00
De Montfort University (DMU) also offers Centre for Learning and Study Support (CLaSS). The CLaSS team work with undergraduate, postgraduate and research students who are studying full-time, part-time and by distance learning.
Areas CLaSS provide help with:
- Essay writing (style, structure and referencing)
- General written English (grammar, punctuation)
- Research (skills and sources)
- Time management
- Verbal presentations
- Revision and exams
Assignment Drop-in (Term Time)
In term time, assignment drop-in runs every weekday at the following times:
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 2pm - 3pm
- Tuesday and Thursday, 5pm - 6pm
The drop-in is currently in Learning Development Zone Open Area (KL 0.07), Kimberlin Library, Ground Floor.
CLaSS also offer more specific workshops that students can book onto here.