Extending Your Student Visa

Do you need to extend your Visa? Do you know you can get free advice from the Student Union on all aspects of extending your visa? Do you know the Students’ Union can send your application to the UK Visas and Immigration on your behalf?

We can check your form and documents, give you advice on the immigration rules you will need to meet and we can post your application to the UK Visas and Immigration for you.

If you would like your student visa extension application checked then ring the Centre or come in to book an appointment. 

Further information on extending your student visa can be found in our guidance leaflet.

More information about the student immigration rules (Tier 4) is available at the UK Visas and Immigration (UK VI) website here.

You can print off the forms you need to extend your stay below.  We check to make sure that these links are always up to date but please note that the UK VI can amend its forms at anytime. Please check with us before sending your forms off to ensure that you have the correct version.

Students Need to apply using the Tier 4 on-line form

DSU Welfare have are currently updating a checklist to assist you in completing the Tier 4 form. Come into the Centre to talk through this checklist and to get advice as to which documents you will personally need for your application.

Useful Links

 UK.Gov Tier 4: https://www.gov.uk/tier-4-general-visa/overview

Photograph Guidance:

OANDA Currency Converter: http://www.oanda.com/currency/converter/

Use the above link to convert your overseas accounts.

ATAS: https://www.atas.fco.gov.uk/public/welcome.aspx

If you are studying a postgraduate course, use this link to check whether you need to apply for a ATAS certificate. You can also apply using this website too.

Biometric video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBZ4InDRHiw

After you have submitted your application, you must go to the Post Office. This video will help you to prepare for this.

Need more help? Get advice and support from DSU Welfare

Back to International Issues