On 20 November we come together to show our unity as allies to the transgender community. If you would like to pick up a pronoun badge, you can do so at Reception in the Campus Centre.
Our LGBTQ+ Officer and Equality and Diversity Executive have a message on this day of remembrance:
Here are some ways that you can work towards being a better ally:
- Normalize introducing yourself with your pronouns
- If you accidentally slip up when using someone's pronoun, correct yourself and move on
- When someone corrects you, say thank you and move on
- If you notice someone using the wrong pronoun, get into the habit of interrupting and quickly correcting them
- For every time you get someone's pronouns wrong, say it right three times (this doesn't have to be aloud)
- Don't let anyone feel like a burden if you're struggling with their pronouns
- Don't make someone alleviate your guilt
Remember: you can pick up a pronoun badge from Reception in the Campus Centre!