I will BREAK down barriers and BUILD bridges
What I will do for you:
- Build committee training on increasing student engagement of minority students.
- Promote activities throughout the year with more than one Societies Fair, a volunteering fair and SocFest (two weeks of free tasters for all societies and clubs).
- Encourage all sports and societies to get involved in #ThisGirlCan and create a campaign for all minority students including parent students, part-time students, post graduates and commuting students to get involved in clubs, societies and volunteering.
Fair funding For All:
- Ensure that funding provided to clubs and societies is fair and transparent to all including small groups.
- Provide better training for applying for funding.
- Provide more space for societies, clubs and groups to use for activities, promotions and storage.
- Create a space for students to come together and create a community of diversity.
- Students gain invaluable experience in extracurricular activities, so I will create an online resource on how to convey this in CV’s and interviews.
- Ensure that DSU supports all societies and clubs with the committee elections from the promotion to handover stage with a better structure.
- I listen, communicate and take action
- I am currently researching barriers to student engagement in my Frontrunner role in the Activities Office, so I understand more what students want and need
- In the academic year of 2015-16 I was elected your part-time Women’s Officer where I ran several successful campaigns
- I have a fiery passion for helping people which is why I have chosen to give back to DSU and make a difference and the student experience WILDE
Go WILDE and vote LUCINA