If elected DSU President, I would look to implement the following into my manifesto:
- Continue the momentum of the #LoveInternational campaign, enhancing it and making it apart of DMU’s brand.
- Sustain and enhance funding in the sports societies to continue their increased successes in tournaments
- Offer further support for other societies not sport related
- Continue and enhance existing schemes such as #DMUPride and ‘This Girl Can’
- Create further awareness and support for students who suffer from less obvious mental health issues such as depression and anxiety
- Further initiatives and potential societies for mature students
- Utilise the asset that is Demon Media more by making it a more integral part of the University
- Enhance the ‘Frontrunner’ scheme allowing DMU students to earn and study whilst gaining relevant experience in their relevant fields
- Improve options students get for both short-term and long-term industry placements whether paid or voluntary
- Offer further support to students who drop out of the University. Understanding why students feel they need to leave in the first place. Coming up with more ways they could get back in should they have a change of heart or circumstance, or just helping them to get started in employment after leaving.
I am standing because firstly I want to make a difference to the future of this University. I want to make a difference so that every last student has the best possible University Experience. I want to be a President that really engages the student population. Being President is not about what I want to do, it’s what every single last student wants me to do for them. If I was President, I hope every one of you would feel comfortable enough to come directly to me with any thoughts you have.