What do they do?
The Equality & Diversity Zone will lead on DSU activity in relation to intersectionality and will ensure that DSU actively consults with liberation groups to inform activity and campaigns. Campaigning will focus on issues such student housing, sexual and mental health and equality. The Zone has responsibility for overseeing DSU’s activity for “Raising and Giving (RAG)” and will hold the Equality & Diversity Executive to account.
The Zone membership will be:
- Equality & Diversity Executive – Puja Subramanian
- Women’s Representative – Wiktoria Pulka
- Black, Asian, Minority Ethnicity (BAME) Representative – Maryam Haque
- LGBTQ+ Representative – Nicole Sibanda
- Disabled Students’ Representative – Hope Heeley
- International Students’ Representative – Leo Venturri
- Postgraduate Representative – Nusrat Nadir
- Mature Students’ Representative – Temi Adekunle
- 3 x Faith and Cultural Society Committee members
- 2 x Volunteering/Charity Society Committee members
The Equality Zone will regularly report back to Student Council on wellbeing, equality and inclusivity matters.
Resources and meeting dates will be updated once the 2021 Zone elections are concluded.
Nomination and Voting
- To nominate yourself you need to be an elected committee member of a Faith and Cultural Society or a Charity Society