Tier 4 Visas

Extending Your Tier 4 Visa

Do you need to extend your Visa? Do you know you can get free advice from the Students' Union on all aspects of extending your visa? Do you know the Students’ Union can send your application to the UK Visas and Immigration on your behalf?

We can check your form and documents, give you advice on the immigration rules you will need to meet and we can post your application to the UK Visas and Immigration for you.

If you would like your student visa extension application checked then ring DSU Advice or come in to book an appointment. 

More information about the student immigration rules (Tier 4) is available at the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) website here and on the UKCISA website here

Information about to collate and prepare the documents you need for your Tier 4 application can be found in our Tier 4 Document Checklist.

Useful links to help you prepare your application

Tier 4 on-line form

Photograph Guidance

OANDA Currency Converter - Use this link to convert your overseas bank accounts.

ATAS - If you are studying a postgraduate course, use this link to check whether you need to apply for a ATAS certificate. You can also apply using this website too.

Useful links to help after you have applied

After you have submitted your application, you must go to the Post Office to enrol your biometrics. This video will help you to prepare for this.