Hello prospective DMU student!
Chances are if you clicked on a link that sent you to this page, you like rock and metal music! The De Montfort University rock and metal society is a group of people with a passion for alternative music and drink. Sound like your kind of thing? If so come and join us and have a good time, meet new people and share and discover new music!
We host a bar crawl every Thursday evening, starting at 7pm and ending with our hosted DJ night at firebug from 12-4am, where the music is loud and heavy and the drinks are cheap!
As well as our weekly bar crawl, we organize a variety of other events. These include:
- Small gigs promoting local acts
- Special event nights (e.g. game nights, laser quest nights)
- Meals out
- Transport to larger gigs in places such as Nottingham and Birmingham (with the potential for subsidised tickets and / or transport)
- Firebug Christmas meal
- Free transportation to & from Download Festival at the end of the year (for those who choose to attend the festival for 5 days).
After signing up you will be given a society card, which will give you the following benefits:
- Discounts on drinks in Rileys and Firebug
- Free hours of pool as part of our Thursday night socials
- Discounts on society run gigs
- Discounts on entry to firebug rock and metal society nights
We hope to see you in the next academic year!
A Rock and Metal Society election
1 post is up for election.
The polls have closed.
By-Elections for the committee positions for 2017/18