Hello prospective DMU student!
Chances are if you clicked on a link that sent you to this page, you like rock and metal music! The De Montfort University rock and metal society is a group of people with a passion for alternative music and drink. Sound like your kind of thing? If so come and join us and have a good time, meet new people and share and discover new music!
We host a bar crawl every Thursday evening, starting at 7pm and ending with our hosted DJ night at firebug from 12-4am, where the music is loud and heavy and the drinks are cheap!
As well as our weekly bar crawl, we organize a variety of other events. These include:
- Small gigs promoting local acts
- Special event nights (e.g. game nights, laser quest nights)
- Meals out
- Transport to larger gigs in places such as Nottingham and Birmingham (with the potential for subsidised tickets and / or transport)
- Firebug Christmas meal
After signing up you will be given a society card, which will give you the following benefits:
- Discounts on drinks in Rileys and Firebug
- Free hours of pool as part of our Thursday night socials
- Discounts on society run gigs
- Discounts on entry to firebug rock and metal society nights
Find us at the 2017 Freshers Fair on the 28th! If you have any questions you can meet us in person and ask them there, or feel free to message us on our facebook page posted below! There, you'll find all information on society events.
We hope to see you in the next academic year!