I’m Benjamin Smith, your current Welfare Executive at DSU and as well as standing for re-election as your Welfare Executive, I am running to be your NUS delegate.
As your Welfare Executive, I have been:
- Representing you: making students the focus of all developments, ensuring your voice is heard.
- Listening to your worries and concerns and helping you resolve them, helping ensure that you aren’t disadvantaged in any way.
- Continuing to support you throughout the COVID-19 pandemic: stating your views and needs and ensuring that the University acts for who matters - YOU.
- Attended NUS meetings and conferences, where I have been raising student issues and concerns, as raised by you.
If you elect me to be your NUS delegate, I promise to:
- Listen to you and represent your views and opinions, helping ensure the NUS push the government for action on the issues that matter to you.
- Make sure your views are represented at a national level.
- Help ensure your welfare concerns, such as mental wellbeing and housing, are at the forefront of the student movement.
- Help get motions passed that will support and improve your university experience as a student at DMU.
If elected, I will continue to dedicate myself to supporting YOU, your welfare and student experience, as #ItIsYouWhoMatters