Hi there!! I am Puja, studying BA International Business at DMU! I have been studying at DMU for the past FOUR years and successfully completed a placement year after my second year of studies. I have been elected as the Course Rep during the 2nd & 3rd year of studies and elected as ‘Zone Representative 2021’ at DSU. I strongly believe that Equality is important at DMU to exchange ideas, ensure fairness in encouraging all talents, creativity to avoid discrimination or prejudices of any sort. I will pay equal attention to all themes such as Gender, Age, Sexual-orientation, religion, race, marital status,
If elected, I will
- On the Attainment gap amongst various ethnic diverse students at DMU struggling both inside and outside of the academics.
- Against excessive and unfair tuition fees obtained from students who were forced to study online this year. I will work with other full-time officers at DSU to create a campaign that will give necessary refunds to ALL the students of DMU. I will ensure equality on refunds on fees to international students who normally pay extra than the local students.
- EQUAL allowances of funds for all the disabled students irrespective of their nationalities, ethnic backgrounds,
- Dedicated free legal advice center for those facing difficulties in seeking appropriate free legal advice on any field of concern
- Events on Culturally specific festivals on campus to highlight the diversity at DMU
- Insightful events on campus by inviting industry-leading guest speakers to spread awareness on Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion.
- Insight day-trips to organizations that indulge in Equality and Diversity at Workplace so that students can learn the significance of the same.