My name is Amy and I’m running for your student opportunities and engagement executive this year! I'm a 3rd year drama student here at DMU and the SU has been a huge part of my university experience. Now it's time for me to show what I can do and make a change.
I’ve been part of both sports clubs and societies so I know first-hand the positive impact that they can have on the student experience. I want to use this experience to help other students get the most out of university and ensure that the opportunities available to them are the best they can be!
The students union does amazing work and I have many ideas and aspirations to further benefit student engagement at DMU, some of these include:
- Change funding applications for student groups - shorten the process and make it more accessible for all student groups
- Performance showcase - a showcase with all performance societies to showcase the amazing work and talent here at DMU
- Anonymous question platform - available for student group members to ask any questions that they may be too nervous to ask in person or with their name attached
- Monthly society + sports committee catch-ups
- Improve resources available to student group committees – printing credits, equipment etc
I think I’d be suitable for this role for many reasons, including that:
- I've been a member of student council so I am aware of how to make change
- I’ve been a committee member for 3 years running (2 years treasurer + 1 year chair)
- I'm a drama student, so will be able to speak publicly with confidence and clarity
I’d love to be able to make a difference for students at DMU, vote for me, you won’t be disappointed!
AMY FOR ENGAGEMENT!