STUDENT’S VOICES SHOULD BE ACKNOWLEDGED!
Hello, I am Nusrat Nadir, a first-year Ph. D Nursing student in Health and Life Sciences. I am a passionate student who always loves volunteering, and particularly to improve students' life experiences during their grad and post-grad studies. I decided to run for elections for the NUS Representative because I have the skills to represent student’s voices on a national level by collaborating with the Students’ Union.
Volunteering; Travelling; Hiking; Sports.
I WILL BE CAMPAIGNING FOR:
- Academic: Course-related academic skills support.
- Pandemic crisis management: Through social media platforms I will help students how to live with the current global pandemic by actively involving them in campaigns and events.
- Finance: I will collaborate with the officials to arrange funds for PGR students who need to pay their daily living and academic costs.
- Equality and diversity: I will work closely with equality and diversity executive to integrating cross-cultural activities, and ensure equality and diversity for home and international students.
- Speak up: I will ensure that student voices will be heard at the national level
- Wellbeing: Drop-in sessions for Ph. D students about stress management, and overall wellbeing by engaging students with postgraduate students’ support mechanisms.
- I worked as a sports officer during my undergraduate studies.
- I worked as a volunteer guide in natural disaster management and rescue operations.
- Being a professional nurse, I have expertise in basic life support and advanced life support.
- Having my master's degree from three different countries (Portugal, Spain, and the United Kingdom), I have exposure to different cultures, thus I have pluralistic views about accepting different cultures, backgrounds, religious beliefs, and I believe in humanity, diversity, and pluralism.
Thanks for considering me as your new NUS representative!