Mentoring Reps are here to act as a link between mentee students and scheme leaders and listen to any feedback (positive or negative) and feed this back to the scheme leaders.
Click here to find out more about what being a Mentoring Rep is and what's in it for you!
There are five different mentoring schemes available across DMU and DSU: MyUniPal, I-Buddies, Peer Mentoring, Employability Mentoring and Dare to Be Mentoring, to find out more about the schemes and what they are, please click here
What do MR do?
- They are ambassadors for the mentoring schemes (one for each)
- They act as a point of contact for students to raise mentoring concerns
- They listen to students involved in the mentoring scheme and gather feedback (positive or negative) and feedback the information to scheme leaders.
- They carry out a minimum of 10 hours of advocacy across Freshers Week, Pave, Welcome Week etc, answering questions about the scheme and building rapport with students and potential mentees
- They attend one Mentoring Operations Group Meetings each term (3 in total)
Do you have what it takes to be a Mentoring Rep? Click HERE to apply!
Application opens: 20th July 2021
Any questions please send an email firstname.lastname@example.org