Hi I’m Mike, I’ve been your VP Media and Comms this year and am standing for re-election to represent you in 2017/18.
If re-elected I will:
- Make your voice heard at DMU, lobbying on issues key to students including cheaper printing and more online-only submissions
- Support Demon Media through a transitional year following the changes to Frontrunners. I will ensure that Demon receives its membership money, provide more opportunities to Demon members and give more control to Demon’s membership
- Work with the VP Activities to improve the promotion of student-lead events and activities
- Tell you more about what the union is doing to represent your academic interests
I want to continue to represent you within the university, enacting more positive change that will improve your experience while at DMU. Through listening to you I’ve learnt what you find important. With the officer team I have enacted change at DMU including £885k invested towards covering hidden course costs and a 24/7/365 library. I will put you at the centre of everything that the SU does, acting on your feedback, improving your time here.
This year I have:
- Improved Internal Communications within DSU
- Improved the visibility of officers, part-time and full
- Supported Demon Media through changes this year and supported Demon as hosts of this years’ Student Radio conference
- Built strong links with the university and SU, improving the partnership and establishing us as a critical friend to the university
While studying I held a position in Demon Media management for 3 years and participated in a range of sports and societies. I’ve worked closely with both SU and University communications departments, constantly striving to improve how DSU and DMU communicate with you. I hope that you will consider me to continue to represent you for the coming year.