Re-Elect AHTESHAM for #1 President
I am your current DSU Vice President Student Activities and with your backing endeavour to be YOUR next DSU President.
If re-elected, as President I will lobby to;
- Exam feedback - Implement an exam feedback system to enhance your learning
- Better Library - Work with the university for an improved campus library
- Car parking - Better car parking facilities on campus
- DSU Marketplace - Create an avenue for students to sell their work / outsource their services to boost their graduate employability
- University cost- Lead the SU to reduce and expose hidden university costs
- Tuition fees - Increase transparency of how YOUR fees are being spent
- Cheaper PG Study - Extend the VC 2020 scholarship to International students
- Refugee / Asylum seeker scholarships - Truly become a global university by offering scholarships for refugees and asylum seekers
- Increase support – Make the university fully accessible and strive for a 24/7 campus.
- Tenant union - To implement an accommodation representative structure and establish a UK guarantor service to support our International students.
- Empower - Streamline the framework for students to challenge the Union and the University
As your Vice President I have;
- Co-organised DSU’s first-ever Student-led Shape Your Future conference
- Facilitated DSU’s first-ever BAME in Leadership event
- Enabled 100’s of students to partake in the DMU Global experience
- As the BUC’s Regional chair, I have represented student views regionally and nationally.
- Collaboratively strived to ensure Wednesday afternoons are kept free
- Spearheaded the delivery of DSU’s most inclusive and accessible activities fair ever
- Championed the development of an online room booking service
- Overseen the transition of sports and represented your voice
- Launched new innovations on campus, celebrating the work of our student groups
USE MY EXPERIENCE TO MAKE YOURS BETTER